Madera is located in the metropolitan area with a long history. Part of today’s Boulevard of King Alexander – from Takovska to Beogradska street – was known as “Fišegdžijska čaršija” (Cornet market). By order of Prince Miloš Obrenović, this area has been designated for the sale of gun-powder cornets.
The place where restaurant stands today had been occupied by a “kafana” called Smederevo – a gathering place of coachmen and blue-collars. Then, in the spirit of Modernism, a new building was erected whose lobby was populated by the restaurant Madera in 1937.
The story goes that the restaurant got its name as one of the regular guests brought a great wine from the Portuguese island of Madeira. Belgrade’s bohemians, famous artists and journalists, which have been popularly called “maderaši”, gathered in our restaurant.
TEXT US on WhatsApp or CALL our service for FREE RESERVATION
Address: >Bulevar kralja Aleksandra 43
Payment method: Cash, Master Card, Visa